Our student athletes are proud to be a part of Turners Falls High School, and it shows in their performance both on and off the court and field. We hold our athletes to the same academic and behavioral expectations as the rest of our student population. Our exceptional athletes are also model citizens on our campus.
We invite our entire school community—students, parents, faculty, and community members—to support our athletes in their athletic endeavors. Join us for a game or match, and cheer on our athletes. Check out the athletics schedule of your choice at the side of this page.
All students who wish to participate in sporting events should be familiar with our athletic regulations.
- Athletes must follow all Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association rules, located in the athletic director’s office.
- Students must attend school for the entire school day in order to participate unless excused by the school administration prior to the function. Students should be in their classes by 7:45 a.m. Students who come in after 8:00 a.m. without a valid, written excuse cannot practice or participate in sporting events on that day.
- Turners Falls High School athletes must maintain sound sportsmanship and school citizenship in class, in student affairs, and on the team.
- Students assigned to in-school or out-of-school suspension are ineligible for athletic activities on the day(s) of suspension. Should non-school days fall between suspension days, students will be ineligible during that period.
- Students will not receive a uniform until all fees are paid.
- All athletes must adhere to the MIAA loyalty to the high school team rule, as explained by the coach. We require our athletes to attend all practice sessions on a regular basis as well as games and mandatory team functions. Students must report planned absenteeism to the appropriate coach in advance.
- Prior to participation in a sport, students and parents must sign the athletic participation form.
- All students participating in the athletic program must have a physical exam on file with the school nurse. This physical exam is good for one calendar year.
- During the season of practice or play, students shall not, regardless of the quantity, use/consume, possess, buy/sell, be under the influence of, or distribute any beverage containing alcohol, any tobacco products, marijuana, steroids, or any other mind-altering substance. It is not a violation for a student to be in possession of a legally defined drug specifically prescribed for the student's own use by his/her doctor.